Technical Product Manager | Open Position
Wolf Steel Ltd would like to announce the exciting new opportunity of Technical Product Manager.
The Technical Product Manager shall be corporately responsible for managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, manufacturing, finance, regulatory, and quality to deliver successful products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Work with Sales, R&D and Manufacturing to develop aggressive timelines for new product development and market release.
- Develop, propose and manage an overall budget to ensure success.
- Support product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map. Technically and error proofing for the end consumer.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Interface with R&D to develop product line extensions and product improvements.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Develop product packaging.
- Develop content for product and company collateral.
- Develop reimbursement strategy for products and set product pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide in-depth analysis of market, industry and competitors.
- Develop both internal and external product education strategies.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Support marketing, sales, technical support, clinical support and customer service through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos.
- Support sales management/field sales by providing training on products, feature/benefit opportunities and competitive comparisons.
- Perform product demonstrations at trade shows, online seminars, and other events.
- Work with the sales team to develop innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns.
- Conduct market assessments and competitive analyses to identify product opportunities whether new or redesigned to meet different needs.
- Manage specific products for different channels and a business analysis to support success.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product development. (Consumer products industry preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration or Marketing preferred).
- Engineering is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years experience required in extensive product / marketing management
- Experience in launching and changing product cycles for a consumer based manufacturer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Forecasting monthly sales and planning for manufacturing
- Sound knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point, Internet, ERP Systems. CAD would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Employment Standard Act (ESA), WSIB and Health and Safety Protocol and Procedures
- Energetic, positive, honest, team player and able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organization and communication skills
- Posses own transport and willing to travel overseas.
- Has a valid Passport.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proven leadership and ability to motivate a team.
To express your interest in being considered for this opportunity, please apply in confidence to:
Please Reference – “TPM” and include a cover letter and resume.
We thank for your interest in Wolf Steel Ltd. (Napoleon) and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.