The following demonstrates how to ignite your pilot light on a Napoleon gas fireplace. For your convenience we made a video with step by step instructions on the proper procedure to relight your pilot located in the control panel of your fireplace.
1) To start find the control panel on your fireplace (usually located at the bottom behind the opening) and the pilot light instructions should be included in this area
2) Locate the gas shut off valve (blue switch) leading to the fireplace
3) Once you found the switch ensure this it is turned on, the switch should be parallel to the gas pipe or flex line
4) Make sure that the main burner switch, thermostat or remote control is in the off position
5) Check to make sure your pilot knob is in the off position, as indicated on the marker on the gas valve
6) Push the pilot light in, and turn it counter clockwise to the pilot position
7) Next push in the pilot knob and hold it in while repeatedly pressing the igniter button
8) Once the pilot lights up continue to hold in the pilot knob for one minute before slowly releasing it, at that point the pilot should continue to burn on it’s own
9) Now that the pilots burning turn the knob to the on position
10) Finally turn on the main burner on the fireplace by simply turning on your main burner switch, or remote control
No electricity required to light or to operate your Napoleon® fireplace – the millivolt system ensures reliable use even during power failures.