Environmental Coordinator | Open Position
Wolf Steel Ltd would like to announce the exciting new opportunity of Environmental Coordinator.
Wolf Steel Ltd. (Napoleon) is an ISO9001 – 2008 registered company and operates with 500,000+ square feet of manufacturing space and over 400 employees. We are North America’s largest privately owned manufacturer of quality wood and gas fireplaces (inserts & stoves), gourmet gas and charcoal grills, outdoor living products and waterfalls. Since the first wood stove rolled off the production line over 30 years ago, Napoleon’s commitment to producing quality products combined with honest, reliable service has proven to be a successful framework to ensuring the continued rapid growth of the company.
As the Environmental Coordinator, the incumbent shall develop, apply and coordinate environmental and occupational programs and policies at Wolf Steel Ltd. It is expected that the incumbent will ensure that company operations are in compliance with government and environmental regulations. The key functions of this role are to assess potential risks and develop strategies to limit exposure and protect worker safety, and to be the connection between the company and environmental awareness.
• Creating reports for the company’s recycling and waste management programs
• Facilitating environmental audits, indentifying areas in need of further development
• Conducting air and noise surveys in accordance with the industrial hygiene methods and practices
• Determining if all environmental laws are being followed
• Developing training that is required to meet both legislation requirements and the needs of the organization
• Identifying environmental concerns and development of controls
• Establishing “hearing protection zones” and control exposure
• Providing environmental awareness to company members
Qualifications and Requirements
• Technical diploma in an Environmental program
• Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Sciences
• Environmental Science/Engineering designation
• Minimum of 5 years experience in environmental planning, environmental regulatory applications and project management
• Demonstrated experience with the items listed in the “Key Responsibilities” section
• Manufacturing industry or Engineering environment preferred
• Prior support in a fast paced environment
• Project Management
• Two years work experience in Environment / Industrial Hygiene
• Understanding the environmental laws
• Knowledge of the ISO 14001 environmental management systems
• Strong knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge in industrial hygiene theory and practice
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to function in a fast paced multi-functional environment where priorities change regularly
• An excellent communicator, can effectively communicate will all levels within the organization
• Strong organizational and problem solving capabilities
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Collaborative team player
To express your interest in being considered for this opportunity, please apply in confidence to:
Please Reference – “EC” and include a cover letter and resume.
We thank for your interest in Wolf Steel Ltd. (Napoleon) and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.